Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day eleven!!

Hola! We had another free morning so we slept in.  A group of us went exploring around Vina del mar.  We went to a "Pasteleria" (pastry shop)/ "Panaderia" (bread shop).  Fun fact: Most of Chile's shops are just called pastry place or bread place (in spanish) not a fancy name.  Anyways, seven of us each got a fresh piece of bread/roll/biscuit and pastry all for under eight dollars (4000 pesos) altogether.  So, 14 pieces of food for under eight dollars!  They tasted so good.  My pastry was a cone-shaped caramel-filled spiral baked-dough with a caramel dollop and powdered sugar on top.  This was so messy especially without napkins, but really good.  I also had mango fruit juice.  Then we walked around to some more outdoor vendors.  There are so many little shops like these in the cities of Chile.  We then went to the beach again because I can't get over the beautiful view!  We all took more pictures and tested the ocean with our feet.  We rolled up our pant legs but the ocean tide still soaked the bottoms of our pants.  Anyways, today so far was filled with great memories in a foreign country and with new friends/family!  Next our whole group took a bus to play paint ball.  This was quite an experience.  We had to wear jump suits (like those worn in jail except not orange), chest protectors and face masks.  I am really glad we wore all this except the jump suits were huge.  I believe the crotch on mine was at my lower thigh! Anyways, my complaints follow.  The gun was too heavy, my shoes were filled with sand and the paintballs killed when they hit me.  The last complaint was serious though.  I got hit in the head!  Of course, the face mask did not cover the spot where I got hit.  This really hurt and I had a nice white spot in my hair.  Anyways, this was still fun until my gun decided not to work anymore.  This was definitely something new and adventuresome.  Then, a group of us went to eat dinner.  Now, no one should make fun of me, but we tried Chilean Chinese food!  It was not too bad especially since our waiter was from the United States!  Well, that is it for today.  Adios hasta manana!

No comments:

Post a Comment